How to create a delicious healthy Super Shake
“Making healthy simple and easy.”
“Here’s one of the secrets to good nutrition: Not all of your meals have to be food meals.
In fact, you can even replace one to two meals each day with easy to make, tasty little drinks we call Super Shakes.
Now, we know that there are tons of stores and juice bars springing up all over, offering smoothies. However, store bought and juice bar type shakes are usually barely better than fast food milk shakes. They’re typically sweetened heavily with sugar, loaded with poor protein sources, and missing many nutrients found in whole foods.
The Super Shake, on the other hand, is packed with good stuff like high-quality protein, fiber, good fats, antioxidants and more. Translation: Super Shakes are da bomb.
That’s right, Super Shakes don’t just stand in for whole foods when times are tough. They can actually be superior to most of the meals your neighbors are eating. They’re are quick, easy, and high quality. And you can use them as a snack, dessert, breakfast, etc. (Uh, the shakes, not your neighbors).
But you have to do them right. And that’s where this guide comes in.”
Get a good blender
Pick a liquid
- Almond milk (unsweetened)
- Cow’s milk
- Soy milk (unsweetened)
- Hemp milk (unsweetened)
- Iced green tea
Choose a protein powder
- Whey protein
- Rice protein
- Pea protein
- Hemp protein
- Other proteins or protein blend
Choose a veggie
- Dark leafy greens: Spinach / Swiss chard / kale
- Pumpkin / sweet potato
- Beets / beet greens
- Cucumber / celery
- Powdered greens supplement
Pick a fruit
- Bananas (good for post workout)
- Dates (good for post workout)
- Pineapple / mango
- Powdered fruit supplement
Choose a healthy fat
- Flax, hemp, chia seeds
- Peanut and nut butters
- Cacao nibs, dark chocolate
- Oats, granola
- Ice cubes (if using fresh fruit)
So, how about an example? Here’s one of my favorites.
- Step 1: Water (just enough for it to mix)
- Step 2: 2 scoops of plain vanilla protein powder
- Step 3: 2 spinach leaves & 1 tsp of powdered greens supplement
- Step 4: 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- Step 5: handful cashews
- Step 6: Top with a cinnamon & teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Step 7: Enjoy
Now, you can make a super shake anytime you want.
Eat, move, and live…better.
The health and fitness world can sometimes be a confusing place. But it doesn’t have to be.